We have just submitted our fourth objection.
The noise from a fleet of heavy plant working twelve hours a day within 50m of some houses and always within 500m of a residential property will be intrusive and definitely unwanted.
- The Hilltop Action Group objection covers the following topics:
- Interpretation of National Planning Policy Framework Guidance
- Choice and suitability of Noise Sensitive Properties
- Relevance of planning decisions offered as precedents
- Northern haul road at entrance to processing area
- Effect of noise on neighbouring communities
- Effect of weather on noise propagation
This planning application by Provectus Remediation Ltd clearly breaches the guidelines as the anticipated noise levels are environmentally unacceptable. Furthermore, no national, local or community benefits have been demonstrated which would clearly outweigh the likely impacts.
On the grounds of unacceptable noise levels alone this application does not justify the grant of planning permission.
You can read the full details of the objection here or by selecting it in the Objections menu.
Don’t forget to use the Have your say page to leave your comments