The Hilltop Action Group committee have today submitted the first of many objections to the planning authority.
We have called into question the validity of their noise assessment report which was carried out over two years ago.
You can read the full text of the objection by clicking here.
(Document will open in a new window/tab)
This will appear on the DCC planning website in the list of planning documents.
It will be interesting see to the the Provectus response.
Don’t forget to use the Have your say page to leave your comments
Application Submitted to Mineral Planning Authority
Provectus Remediation Ltd submitted their application for the Hilltop Opencasting Project on 3 October 2014 and it was validated and went live on the Derbyshire County Council website on 8 October 2014.
Links to the application documents can be found on the Planning Application page (left hand menu)
Be warned – there are 49 documents totalling 1217 pages! Happy reading!
The Hilltop Action Group committee are now busily working on our campaign to oppose these plans. In the next few weeks we will be:
- reading and analysing the documents
- drafting objections to be submitted to the planning authority
- organising public meetings (early November)
- printing and distributing a leaflet to local residents
- starting a media campaign
What can you do now
- have a look at the planning application
- be ready to write and send in objections (we will give advice on this at the public meetings so don’t rush to do it immediately)
- register on the website to support the campaign if you have not already done so – we can then send you regular emails to keep you up to date
- talk to family and friends and encourage them to support the campaign
Use the Have your say page to leave comments.
We understand that Provectus Remediation Ltd submitted their application to the Mineral Planning Authority (Derbyshire County Council) on Wednesday 17 September 2014. Their application is still going through the validation process and is not yet available on the DCC Planning website.
However judging by recent ploughing activity in the fields it would appear that the farmers anticipate at least getting another years crop off the land before anything happens.
It appears that the last of the Geophysical site surveys was carried out today (Thursday 13 February 2014) by Phase Site Investigations in the northern most field of the Hilltop site. Continue reading Surveys completed?
Provectus Remediation Ltd issued yet another statement on 15 January 2014 giving yet more excuses for delaying the submission of their planning application for the Hilltop Opencast Mining scheme. Continue reading Further delays!